Recipe: Mushroom Bruschetta
With Freshers’ Week just a couple of weeks away, time’s running out to practice your cooking skills before term starts.
In case you’re in need of a straight forward, student friendly recipe for when it does, here’s one that works well for breakfast, lunch or dinner and is vegetarian friendly!
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ onion
- Pinch of parsley
1. Fry the mushrooms and garlic in a pan until tender, then set aside into a sieve or colander to drain.
2. Fry onion until softened and then add a dash of double cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Slice the ciabatta and toast.
4. Add the mushrooms back to the pan and take off the heat once the cream has thickened.
5. Once toasted, top the bread with the mushroom mix and season to taste with salt and pepper.
That’s all there is to it!